HARRISBURG - Rep. Mike Puskaric (R-Allegheny/Washington) announced that 15 fire departments and ambulance organizations throughout Allegheny and Washington counties have been awarded approximately $224,669 from a grant program administered by the Office of the State Fire Commissioner.
“Our fire and EMS personnel risk their lives daily to ensure the safety of our communities,” said Puskaric. “Fire and ambulance services are expensive when considering the training, equipment and facilities needed. The funding will help to providing quality service to the people of the 39th District.”
The following fire and EMS Companies in the 39th District received grants.
• Bethel Park Volunteer Fire Company - $14,248.
• Blaine Hill Volunteer Fire Company - $13,016.
• Broughton Volunteer Fire Company - $13,700.
• Buena Vista Volunteer Fire Company - $11,920.
• Central Volunteer Fire Company of Elizabeth Township - $14,248.
• Elizabeth Township Fire Department No. 1 - $37,248.
• Elizabeth Borough Volunteer Fire Company - $14,248.
• Floreffe Volunteer Fire Company - $11,920.
• Forward Township Volunteer Fire Company and Relief Association - $11,509.
• Gallatin Sunnyside Volunteer Fire Department - $14,248.
• Jefferson 885 Volunteer Fire Company - $14,248.
• Library Volunteer Fire Company - $13,152.
• West Elizabeth Volunteer Fire Company - $12,468.
• Elrama Volunteer Fire Company - $14,248.
• SouthEast Regional EMS – 14,248.
These grants are aimed to support fire companies, emergency medical services and volunteer rescue squads by funding projects based on the needs of their facilities, equipment, debt reduction, training, education and careers departments.
Representative Mike Puskaric
39th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)