HARRISBURG – Rep. Mike Puskaric (R-Washington/Allegheny) today announced that 16 fire companies and emergency medical service companies serving the 39th Legislative District were awarded approximately $162,000 in Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service grants.
“I am pleased to see this money returning to our area in a way that benefits and helps to protect every person in the 39th District, “said Puskaric. “These dedicated public servants are always there to provide us with lifesaving services, no matter the hour or weather.”
The grant money comes from state gaming proceeds as required under state law. Funding can be used to build, repair or renovate a fire company or ambulance service’s primary structure; purchase or repair firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment; participate in training seminars and workshops; or pay down the organization’s debt. To receive a grant award, an organization must first apply.
Fire and emergency medical services companies that serve the 39th District were awarded the following amounts:
• Elizabeth Township Fire Company No. 1 - $24,002.32.
• Elizabeth Volunteer Fire Company - $14,151.63.
• Central Volunteer Fire Company - $14,811.36.
• Blaine Hill Volunteer Fire Company - $12,667.25.
• Buena Vista Volunteer Fire Company - $12,007.52.
• West Elizabeth Volunteer Fire Department - $12,667.25.
• Jefferson Hills 885 Volunteer Fire Department - $14,811.36.
• Floreffe Volunteer Fire Department - $12,007.52.
• Bethel Park Volunteer Fire Company - $14,811.36.
• Library Volunteer Fire Company - $13,162.04.
• Forward Township Volunteer Fire Department - $10,340.00.
• Gallatin Sunnyside Volunteer Fire Department - $13,491.91.
• Greenock Volunteer Fire Company - $13,986.70.
• Finleyville Volunteer Fire Company - $11,677.66.
• Elrama Volunteer Fire Company $14,811.36.
• Tri Community South Emergency Medical Services - $7,155.22.
The 39 Legislative District includes parts of Bethel Park in addition to Elizabeth, Elizabeth Township, Forward Township, Jefferson Hills, West Elizabeth, and parts of South Park Township in Allegheny County. Plus, Finleyville, Nottingham Township, Somerset Township and Union Township in Washington County.
Representative Mike Puskaric
39th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)